Sunday 13 March 2011

Beginning of the road

For the fashion follower, Camilla needs no introduction. Perhaps you are the envied, who boasts ownership of many, or maybe you have that treasured "one"... for me, it remains an unrequited love story.....

"Camilla" and I first met at Nancy King in South Brisbane and it was love at first try on. This divine, unstructured, free flowing piece slid so easily over my shoulders, and oh how light it was. From memory it was from the "Lost Garden" collection and it was like skinny dipping in the Indian Ocean, surrounded by the most divine shade of turquoise that you had ever seen (but that's another story...)

God Bless the gorgeous sales girl who let me revel in the moment without any pressure to take it off...despite knowing that I was unable to afford the magic number on the price tag that day.
So here I am at least 6 months on and while my family and I are still recovering from our own personal financial crisis, Camilla remains at the top of my "one day" list, serving as inspiration as I determine to move through this season into the next....   

So why does a Camilla piece hold such wonder for me? At the end of the day, I realise that it's  fashion and with all that I have been through in the last 5 + years, and the perspective that I have gained, I know that in the grand scheme of things, this really does not rate as important on the life and death scale...all of which has been a reality for me.

The wonder of Camilla for me is about what it represents; the beginning of a new season; the inspired design, the soft flowy fabric, the intense and bold colour, it's what I want my life to reflect. I guess I liken it to putting an external cover on what I already know to be true inside of me - a direct reflection of what I want my life to look like and who I want to be.... a '30' something woman who is free flowing, bright and bold, who is light and refreshing in her spirit, inspired and inspiring..

And so to my blog....I hope you enjoy this journey, as I share the lessons learnt, the loves of my life and an insight into the dreams that will hopefully move from a whisper to a shout, but most of all, I look forward to sharing my very first "Camilla" with you....

Jen x
                                                                       www.camilla.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog. Look forward to riding along on your journey. x

    ReplyDelete