Monday 27 June 2011

Extended Pause

It's been way too long since I have written, I guess you could say I have had a serious case of "bloggers block".

In this season of transition, while I am genuinely excited and hold a strong sense of anticipation, there are days where I feel like someone has hit the 'pause' button on life and forgotten to press play again. Days can turn into weeks, weeks into months, and nothing seems to change. And I continue to wait.

What is it that I am waiting for though?

It is true that there are a number of things that I long to look differently to how they presently do, and with projects in the pipeline subject to external timeframes that once comple will create the opportunity for a change in direction, these things in and of themselves do not hold the answer, yet I fear that I have been way to reliant on them.
I have realised that I can either continue to sit and wait or I can be proactive in moving those facets of life that are not subject to anyone else's time line but my own.
I can take my own "pause" and use it to discern what are the unique talents, gifts and creativity that have been bestowed upon me and use them to create the life that has already been placed within me, simply waiting for it's moment of release.

Last weekend I had the fabulous opportunity to wear a beautiful Camilla Kaftan to a wedding we attended, due to a very generous offer to loan.
It was amazing and while it was not my own, the acceptance led to the experience of Camilla, long before I thought I would have it.
Had I declined, the opportunity would have passed, yet it was placed in my hands and as a result of receiving, I gained the experience.

I wonder how many experiences we have unknowingly passed up because in that moment we failed to recognise what we were holding in our hands?

This question has left me wondering what I currently hold in my hands that just might be the key to opening the door to an exciting and fulfilling new road, that I have simply failed to recognise....until now.



No comments:

Post a Comment